Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blue Moon 18mm Napoleonic British Line Infantry

I was able to sneak in some painting over spring break: 80 British line infantrymen from Blue Moon.


I painted two regiments: 24th and 41st Foot.  I will be fielding these regiments in Spain, so I went with a mix of Spanish brown trousers to depict regiments which had been campaigning for a while.


The flags are from GMB.  The figures are based for General de Brigade, 3/4" frontage by 1" depth with four figures per base.


The only problem with the castings was a notch where the bayonet met the stock on one of the infantryman poses, which looked as though it might break under heavy use.  I smeared the affected area with 5 minute epoxy before priming.  You can see the resulting lump on one figure above.  It's a small defect, and I doubt it will be noticeable during play.


I painted these figures with a mix of Delta Ceramcoats and Vallejo (red and metallics).


I will probably add more grey trousers on my next batch of figures, but I do like that mix of browns and tans.  It helps these regiments look more distinctive.


The elite company men have nice looking shoulder wings.

All in all, I am impressed with these figures.  They are not quite as nice as AB, but they should hold up better with frequent gaming.

9 comments:

  1. Really nice miniatures! I like the way you get the shading done on them. Well done.

    /Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott, they turned out really nicely. The packs I bought had lots of flash extending from the right arm to the body - so either you were lucky, or I wasn't!

    Malc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work as always, Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look insane!
    Really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are brilliant, and I am liking that scale more than I care to admit. Thanks for Sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scott - these look better than my 28s. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott, as always, fantastic work. Your style is just so clean, clear, and perfectly toy soldier. They could easily be 28s!:)

    Lord Ashram

    ReplyDelete