Sunday, October 2, 2011

Show Off the Good Stuff 2011

Once again I loaded up my car and drove to Moscow for my local club's model show. This was a pretty unproductive year for me, I'm afraid. Last year I entered six tanks and a diorama, while this year I didn't finish a single model. Still, I did have some wargaming miniatures to show off.

Fife and Drum AWI

I figured the Fife and Drum figures would be good for this crowd, since most of the figures they see are scale models rather than wargaming figures. I got a gold ribbon for these troops.


Field of Glory Romans

I finished my Roman army this past winter, so I was able to display the whole group. These figures won a gold ribbon and the "Best Wargaming Miniatures" plaque.






French Revolutionary Wars Infantry

I spent most of last week putting the finishing touches on this group, and these figures received most attention from the crowds. I've pretty much fallen in love with this range, so it was nice to see that other people appreciated them. These figures also received a gold ribbon.


This standard bearer also won a plaque for "Best Single Figure under 60mm."



I brought my Blue Moon Confederates. It's interesting, after all the fuss and bother over these figures being 18mm rather than 15mm, that most people took a quick look, said "they're so SMALL!" and walked on. I got a gold ribbon for these too.

One of the crowd did take a long look, turned to his buddy, and said, "that's an insane amount of detail for such tiny figures."


Don's Sherman

Don, a member of our gaming group, won three plaques for this one model: "Best Sherman," "Best Allied Armor," and "Best Armor." It's a Dragon model of the Composite Sherman. I believe the Marine Corps tank commander is from Warriors.

7 comments:

  1. Very nice pics, good level of painting we have here!

    What do you mean you drove to Moscow?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Scott. Great reward and very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moscow, Idaho, Braxen. It's only 90 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very impressive roll tally of awards Scott and congrats.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  5. The French Rev figures are Eureka, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stuff. really nice painting. i have been looking at your blog for some time and decided to start my own it is called littleleadlegends@blogspot.com let me know what you think

    ReplyDelete