Thursday, April 1, 2010

64 Man Project, Day 7 DONE!

Today I painted the shield designs, attached the shields to the figures with 30 second cyanoacrylate, highlighted the shield fields, painted the shield rims, and attached all the completed figures to their Field of Glory bases.


Tomorrow I'll finish the bases, but the figures themselves are done! I spent one day prepping and priming the figures and six days painting them. In my last project, I only counted the days spent painting, but this time I counted the hours too.

During the first day, I spent two hours getting the figures ready to paint. Over the next six days, I spent a total of 12 hours actually painting the figures. This works out to five and a third figures per hour, or about 11 minutes per figure. These Libyan spearmen are not as well painted as those for my WAB army, but they'll do.

It's worth emphasizing that there's no way I could sit down and paint one 28mm figure, start to finish, in 11 minutes. The only way I can paint at this rate is through economy of scale.

With these two units of heavy infantry, my FOG Carthaginian army is nearly done. Only three stands of generals remain to complete.

10 comments:

  1. Almost done?

    Does that mean we will actually play FoG again someday??

    A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! Are you close to finished with your Romans?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! I wish I could achieve something like that in that time frame.

    They look great.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, very impressive again. How do you store all your armies?

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always,a very impressive output in time scale.

    Cheers
    Christopher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shields look awesome. Amazing you did them in one night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scott:

    Impressive work as always. I had to do a double-take on the shields - I thought they were LBMS - hand-painted, wow! Dean

    ReplyDelete
  8. very very nice work love the shields , once this army is finished do you have a new project that you want to start or finish.
    Cheers
    Kent

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I know what I want for Christmas. ;-)

    Damn you're good.

    ReplyDelete