Thursday, November 26, 2009

Morgan's Rifles

While everyone else was sleeping off their turkey dinner, I was putting the finishing touches on Morgan's riflemen.



All the riflemen are mounted in skirmish order, two to a stand to reflect their elite status. I did the majority of the hunting smocks in various shades of brown, but enlivened my palette with two green smocks, one blue, and one dingy red.

Now I only have the 12 figures of Dearborn's Light Infantry and one mounted general left to paint, and the great Saratoga project will be done!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! Excellent basing too.

    Best wishes

    Giles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice work!:-)

    These guys are my all time favorite miniatures of any range in the AWI period.I had a great deal of fun painting mine and I'm looking forward to doing a few more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesus I love this AWI collection you've put together... one of the finest looking I've ever seen, of any period, ever. Great job Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your units. You've convinced me it's "okay" to have sixteen-figure battalions. I want to go with 24s for my Napoleonic collection, but I only have a 4'x6' or (maybe) 8' surface available, and a 24-man battalion just takes up too much room.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome figures (Perry are simply the best figures available ...even though the danglers make clean-up a chore), painted to an incredible level of quality. Scott, you are a genius.
    Thanks for the constant inspiration and eye candy.

    J- I don't think that scale really matters. I use 8 Infantry figures per stand, and 4 cavalry, and I use them as divisions, brigades, or regiments, depending on the battle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great unit! I think there were more than a few men in the unit in natural linen-colored coats, but it's a forgiveable difference considering how beautiful your basing and figures are!

    ReplyDelete