Friday, January 9, 2009

15mm Revolutionary War British Light Infantry

The Freeman's Farm OOB called for one British light infantry unit of 16 figures.  I used Minifigs to portray this unit.


Minifigs British Light Infantry

This is another good set from Minifigs.  The figures are sort of lunging forward, which I'm not crazy about, but the detail is good.

I would like, some day, to be able to fight any AWI battle in a 1:20 figure scale, so I added more lights when I made my Jeff Valent order.


Jeff Valent Light Infantry

These are also very nice figures, much better than their Hessian grenadiers.  I'm a little skeptical about tha front pouch, but they look nice as a unit.

My army also needs figures in skirmish order.  I turned to two different Minifigs packs for my skirmishers.


British Legion


Butler's Rangers

The figures themselves are nice enough, but you see the problem in using Minifgs as skirmishers.  All the poses are the same, and the units just don't look like they're skirmishing.

So those are my British light troops.  The Minifig light infantry are my favorite of the bunch.

1 comment:

  1. Very nicely done.I've been reading your blog for a couple of weeks now & I've got to send out a big 'thank you'. Your tips & walk throughs are great. Well done.

    ReplyDelete