Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Old Glory 10mm ACW Infantry

Last month this blog was all Napoleonics; this month, apparently, it's all ACW.

I've been spending a lot of time painting Old Glory's 10mm line this month, and I don't really have a reason to do so. I have large armies in 15mm for Fire and Fury. I'm working on a 28mm army for Guns at Gettysburg. So why am I wasting time on 10mm figures?

It's the look of the thing. If I were starting all over again, I would definitely use these figures for my grand tactical games. The infantry below are mounted on Fire and Fury sized bases, and they just look great, like actual bodies of troops.

And they're super fast to paint. I painted 20 strips of Confederate infantry last weekend--100 soldiers--in just under 10 hours. And I wasn't just slopping on the paint. You can see those figures below. Between the strips and the small size, these are very easy figures to paint.


Union Infantry




Union Infantry




Confederate Infantry




Confederate Infantry



The only big complaint I have about the OG10mm line is the flags. I don't like painting flags. But as these pictures show, I think they can look good. Remember that these figures appear at about four times life size.




4 comments:

  1. I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through my life weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how I could be transformed into a powerful person when I came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. After exploring a few of the blog posts on your web site, I
    really like your way of blogging. I saved as a favorite it to my bookmark
    website list and will be checking back soon. Take
    a look at my web site as well and tell me how you feel.강남안마


    ReplyDelete