Monday, June 30, 2008

Eureka Napoleonic French Line Infantry

After my disappointment with the Eureka SYW Russians, I thought I would give them another shot. Eureka has a good reputation, and I didn't want my whole opinion of their sculpts to rest on those ape-like Russians.

With that in mind, I ordered a battalion of Eureka's 100 Days French infantry. I was pleased with the raw lead. The figures were clean with well defined features, and this made them very easy to paint. I spent about four hours whipping these up.


Front View




Voltiguers




Rear View




In Column

These are nice figures that look good when painted, and I do recommend them. They're not quite as nice as ABs, so the $.63 apiece price tag seems a little steep. Still, I'm glad to see that Eureka's positive reputation is not just hype, but has some substance to back it.

No comments:

Post a Comment